Following on from Julians post, it seems a good idea to harness the collective power within PN.
so far we've done most of our preparations in the background with just over 2 months to go to the event it's time we let the public know what's going on.
we're aiming to double the numbers we had last year so this is the plan...
1. press releases to all the major national newspapers
2. 10,000 leaflets and posters printed, with potential for more
3. All the car clubs that have been invited will be asked to spread the word
4. All sponsors and stall holder will be asked to spread the word/give out leaflets
5. Pistonheads Sunday Service will be announced in the next week or two with Dunsfold as the venue 500+ cars anticipated
6. Facebook and twitter campaigns via our various groups and contacts - if you get an invite please invite as many others in your group as you can and post it on your wall, asking your friends to do the same.
7. internal e-mail in companies - this is a good way of getting the family crowd we're after - spread the word either via the central 'sports and social' commitee or within email groups taking the text from the facebook page which i'll copy on here later on.
8. local papers and radio stations will promote the event closer to the date
9. leaflets distributed in the local area/schools etc etc
so, if anyone has any more ideas or would like to help out with the marketing push for the event i'd be very grateful indeed as I really want this event to work for the trust.
If you're driving a soft top with the roof up, the storm outside better have a name.